Today

1:00 AM

There are approximately 7 weeks left in my course here in Thailand. I have lived for anywhere from 1-5 weeks both in families of urban wealth and rural poverty and the differences have been striking. The rest of the time so far has been split between my apartment in Chiang Mai and the week on the Yom river, camping. Needless to say, we are getting wonderfully varied experiences.

Tomorrow at 6am, we are leaving to take a public bus (yay public transit!) to Mae Hon Song, near the first village of many Karen hill tribes we will be staying with over the next 2 weeks. A lot of Karen people have immigrated to Minneapolis/St.Paul, so I'm hoping to make some new friends when I get back to the States and have some insight into what their past or background culture may be like. And hoping to learn a lot the next two weeks!

So, again, you won't be hearing from me until I get back. Leave your address if you would like a postcard before this whirlwind of a semester is over and I'm headed back to the States. Moving back has been on my mind a lot lately because I've been job searching.

I have a job interview tonight! (a phone interview for a media position with Americorps in the Twin Cities in September).

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images